<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

blogging changed my life

Doesn't that title sound just like a 'That's life' heading?! ['That's life' is a trashy Australian magazine full of ridiculous real life stories] Well this, my friend, is better than any 'That's life' article you have ever read!

Yesterday I realised that I am not depressed anymore! Not even a little bit!

Two years ago I was so depressed I didn't care if I didn't wake up in the morning. Now I love life and look forward to fitting as much as possible in every day... I put this down to blogging. Oh, and spiritual direction! And ultimately God...

So yesterday afternoon I went to my spiritual director. I go every month or so and review life and the issues I am facing. Then I identify where I think God is at work, or speaking to me. Then I plan how I will spend time with God and listen for his voice over the next month. Throughout the session the spiritual director asks pointed questions that help me process all of this.

At first these sessions were one big dump - this is hard, that is hard, I can't cope, where is God, what should I do, on and on and on. Gradually I've been identifying just where God is working
in me and my situation.

Along the way I have experienced God breaking into my world, sometimes quite dramatically. Now almost everywhere I look I see him at work. It truly is a delight.

So where does blogging fit in? I love sharing my life with the world (or at least imagining I am - I don't get so many hits as all that!) so I gaze around all day wondering what might be a 'blogworthy' event or thought. Sad, very sad I know... I'm just slightly obsessed. Frank has become a blogging widower and I have lost my moral high ground in claiming to be a football widow. It's a good thing blogging has helped to change my life!

As I have gazed around wondering what might be blogworthy, I have discovered God in a myriad of places - he's literally everywhere, speaking, working, blessing. It's amazing and I am overwhelmed by his love and interest. Who can be depressed when every day holds multiple treasures from God?

Thankyou blogging, and thankyou spiritual direction for helping me to see how much I have.
And thanks God that I'm not depressed anymore - it's great!

2 Comments:

At 9:15 pm, September 20, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Awww, thats made my day Cec. I am so, so glad :)

 
At 9:16 pm, September 20, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

I forgot, lol about the That's Life comment - I get it every week (just for the puzzles of course!). Do you mean you don't think their stories are real??!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home