<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, September 17, 2006

happiness is...

It's superficial, it's trite, but these things brought me happiness yesterday:

New flywire doors! The sun was shining, insects were buzzing. It was a perfect day! And when it's perfect outside you just have to bring some of it inside - throw open the windows and doors! What you don't want to bring inside are those buzzing insects. Fix in place some flywire doors for the perfect solution - which is exactly what Frank did.

He has been industriously constructing these doors and attached them yesterday - perfect timing for a perfect day! Thankyou Frank.





A Kenwood Kitchen Chef! Courtesy of wedding gifts. (Thanks guys) Yay, no more mixing cakes by hand - I never can get them to be smooth looking like the recipe demands! I can even make frosted icing now. Just too exciting - though I have to admit I like my cake-mixing toned arms! (The mixer works a treat - Spicy Ginger Cake produced to rave reviews. By myself anyway!)





A washing trolley!

For months I've been lugging heavy baskets of clothes to and from the line... but no more! I now have a basket to do the lugging for me. How good is that?? Pretty good I think!









That's my trite and superficial list... I realise that many people don't have the opportunity to experience any of this, and that serious, terrible things are happenning around the world and these things pale in comparison but...

6 Comments:

At 8:39 am, September 18, 2006, Blogger michelle said...

Isn't it funny, how you put up with something for so long like lugging around the laundry, even though you know the solution is so simple. Now you probably wonder how you ever got on without your trolley.
I am SO like that!

 
At 11:10 am, September 18, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Yay! Its good to see a photo of you :) I still remember the happiness my laundry trolley brought me when we first got it! What made it even better was that I was 30 wks pregnant with Emily at the time - soooooo nice not to have to bend over!

 
At 1:09 pm, September 18, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

I'm quite horrified that I look like I might be pregnant in this shot... I'm not. Don't stress!

 
At 9:08 pm, September 18, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

You dag, of course you don't look pregnant!! You just look like your beautiful self. The pregnant comment was only in relation to MY experience :)

 
At 8:02 pm, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure you're not pregnant? :-D

(what are brothers for)

Nice to enjoy the simple pleasures of life sometimes. Thanks for your observations...

 
At 6:49 pm, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like wheels

 

Post a Comment

<< Home