<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, October 02, 2006

ant attack!

Lunch time yesterday I noticed about five ants crawling around the benchtop.

I wasn't too concerned - there were only a few so I could live with that. But I put out a bit of antrid just in case.

Well, five ants have multiplied to thousands (seemingly!). After tea there must have been about 200 of the little critters racing around. The antrid was mostly ignored as they clambered over every piece of crockery waiting to be washed, as well as discovering patches of sugary stickiness previously unnoticed. eeew!

I wiped the bench clean, annihilating most and hoping that any survivors would race back to the nest and warn the rest to stay away. (A bit like Job's sons... "only I have lived to tell the tale")

No such luck! I got up this morning to find tens of ants drowned in the antrid. I raced off to work with the fleeting thought that if the lone messengers of doom hadn't deterred them, a few dead mates wouldn't keep them away either.

I was right. I've just returned home and the antrid is awash with beasties... shouldn't be long now before the whole nest dies off and our kitchen can return to normal.

Here's hoping!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 pm, October 05, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Ugh, I hate ants. We got mini infestations of them periodically at Warabrook....yuck! I hope your antrid works.

 
At 9:30 pm, October 05, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Ugh, I hate ants. We got mini infestations of them periodically at Warabrook....yuck! I hope your antrid works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home