<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, October 21, 2006

back to school

I received an exciting letter in the post yesterday. I've been accepted into a Graduate Certificate of Counselling course.

I applied a couple of weeks ago - no mean feat as I had to include several mini-essays on topics such as why I want to be a counsellor, my strengths and weaknesses, the values a counsellor should hold and how I will gain counselling experience. That last one was easy - numerous friends frequently cry on my shoulder, providing endless hours of practice!

The course is offered on-line but I will also have to travel to NSW twice a year for study and assessment. Hopefully I can swing by Newcastle a few times!

Now that I'm in I'm wondering if I really want to do this. Back to school?! More study?! I must be crazy! It seemed right at the time I sent the application in, but now...

Oh well, I don't have to enroll for a while, so still more time to think it through. For now I'm just excited to have been accepted. If you should require counselling at any stage, please feel free to leave a comment and I would be most happy to oblige!

6 Comments:

At 11:14 pm, October 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've got these problems with my sister and her blog, can you help me? I need counselling. Thanks.

 
At 7:56 am, October 22, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

LOL at Luke's comment!
Well done getting accepted. I'm excited you'll have to come this way twice a year :) You're going to be a great counsellor!

 
At 6:48 pm, October 22, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

Dear Luke, Thankyou for using Cecily's Counselling Service. I would suggest the following options:
1. If you are struggling to find time to read the prodigious output from the blog, allocate 5 minutes at the same time each day to check and read.
2. If you are concerned by what is written on her blog, use the bloggers "flag blog" function, or alternative talk to your sister about the entries you have problems with.
If these solutions do not help, I suggest you stop reading the blog for your own peace of mind.
Hopefully this has been of some help to you. If you have any problems in the future, please feel free to use this counselling service again.

 
At 6:51 pm, October 22, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

Dear Luke,
In addition to my previous suggestions, I would also recommend blogging more yourself. This will provide an outlet for any angst you might feel. Happy blogging - may it change your life as it has changed mine.

 
At 7:23 pm, October 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Cecily, you don't understand how I feel. How could you, when you didn't ask me?

Dear me, I thought counsellors were supposed to listen more than talk. Hope you learn fast, Cecily!

:-D

 
At 7:39 pm, October 22, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

Dear Luke, I'm sorry you have problems with my counselling style. If you might notice, I used excellent intuition to identify a number of problems you might be having. If, on reviewing this, you still have problems with my counselling style, might I add that this is an obvious problem you will encounter when you try and receive counselling over the internet. I suggest you come and visit and I will counsel you in person - then you will experience my excellent listening skills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home