<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, November 18, 2006

junkmail junkie

I love junkmail... but then when I look at it I have to talk myself out of buying things I don't really need.

The simple solution would be to place a big sign on the letterbox: "No junk mail." That would be sensible.

But no, I love junkmail, so the other day I happenned to see the junkmail delivery ladies walking down the road and I asked them if they could please deliver here (they hadn't been supplying some of the catalogues).

They laughed and were very obliging, immediately handing over this week's catalogues - all 15 of them. That might be a slight exaggeration, but when I realised just how many catalogues would be involved here I almost immediately reneged. That would have looked silly, so I thanked them profusely and walked down the driveway shaking my head.

Why did I ask for more junkmail when I'm trying to resist materialism? I don't know, but there you go.

(Is NaBloPoMo ever going to end?)

2 Comments:

At 6:25 am, November 19, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Only 12 more days! Its also what I'm saying to Paul about his moustache/goatee...Bring on December! :)

 
At 11:21 am, November 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Mowvember. I wish I could participate. Sadly I always have a Mow ;-) They should introduce Sidey-tember for us goatee folks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home