<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 06, 2006

recovering from the late night!


After all those mid-night endeavours I have given myself the day to recover. Not that I've had a lot of choice - even the slightest task has required maximum effort. I still managed five loads of washing, but since the machine and the sun do most of the work, that's probably not such a big deal. Thankfully it's a public holiday today, and I have tomorrow off. More recovery time required!

Petrol shenanigans aside, this post-weekend malaise may stem from a number of other sources. After being kept awake by a very apologetic snorer on Friday night I allowed myself two days of sleep-ins (does 7am count as a sleep-in?), but it seems they have thrown my body clock out such that it is taking two days to feel normal again.

Then there was plenty of outdoor activity to be had throughout the weekend.

We were at a great campsite on the northwest coast of Tasmania. Apart from the guest speaker who inspired me to try and get on with people a bit more, there were lots of great things to do. A beach for walking, or swimming if you dared! Flying fox that whizzed you over a pond. (I mustered up the courage to give it a go, but jumping off the edge of a solid, stable, steady, safe platform is a scary thing, harness or no harness!) Indoor rock climbing. Badminton. Vocal ensemble. There was never a dull moment, and with good people to mingle with, we couldn't have asked for a nicer time.

Frank came along for the first time this year, and it was lovely to share the weekend with him. Here is my proudest moment of the weekend... Frank climbing the rock wall faster than anybody else. He went up again later without using his legs to assist him over the overhang. Impressive. I managed to get 2/3 of the way up the black pegs on the right, and all the way up the red pegs on the left. I can't compete with Frank, but I was kind of proud!

After listing all that, I feel quite justified in my lounging around today - tomorrow I promise to get back into things!

1 Comments:

At 10:00 pm, November 06, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Ok I would pass on the rock wall but a flying fox?!!! Yay! I haven't been on one of those since I was a kid, how fun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home