<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, December 29, 2006

crafty moment

One of my great loves is making cards. I rarely find time to indulge this love, so it was with delight that I sat down and produced a card today.



This one was a bit of an experiment, using printed paper as a base and adding embellishments with quilling. I quite like the effect.

In the right hemisphere of my brain I harbour wistful dreams of quiting paid work and eking out a living from card making. To date, the practical left hemisphere has quashed the dreams - there's not much money in making cards by hand! So I keep tripping off to work, while my creativity lies dormant for months at a time.

I shouldn't really let life take over so. Creating cards and moulding materials of any kind breathes life into my weary, jaded bones. I might just cope better with the imperfections of life if I carved out space for creativity in the midst of the busyness.

I feel a new year's resolution coming on...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:51 am, December 30, 2006, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I think your card is beautiful!

Sure, it might be hard to make a living, but maybe you could set up a little online shop to justify your hobby? Have you heard of http://www.etsy.com/?

 
At 1:45 pm, December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd buy your cards! This cards is beautiful.

 
At 5:42 pm, December 30, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Beautiful! Quilling isn't very common either, maybe a niche market?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home