<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, December 29, 2006

crazy for carcassonne

When I gave Frank the boardgame Carcassonne for Christmas I felt kind of bad.

I had wanted that game for quite a while, and I figured it was unlikely I'd be given it any time soon - hardly anyone has even hard of the game. So I bought it for myself under the guise of giving it to Frank. In order to salve my selfish, guilty conscience I bought Frank lots of other little gifts that I knew he'd really appreciate.

I needn't have worried!

Every day since Christmas we've played Carcassonne at Frank's request. He loves it. The battle over the French countryside has teetered back and forth between Frank and myself. First game he won, then I won, then he won and so on - and each time the winner was always seated in the same seat, facing the kitchen.

Curious!

We began vying for the "winner's seat" in the hope it might help us win. Until tonight. The winner was sitting in the other seat tonight. We don't have a winning seat after all!

Looks like whoever wins from now on will be relying on their skill and mastery of the game. And they'll be getting plenty of practice, that's for sure!

1 Comments:

At 5:39 pm, December 30, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

I'm really curious about this game now, it sounds like something Paul would like. (are you sure Frank didn't switch the chairs when you weren't looking - maybe there is sabotage afoot!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home