<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

holding my head high

Some people think I've gone mad with all this blogging. They tease me mercilessly, ridicule me and stoop so low as to call me a nerd. So far I'm holding my head high - I still like blogging and I still find it beneficial. The weight of daily blogging is slowly fading and my joy at posting is returning. (There is one slight piece of evidence that suggests these name-callers might be correct - I was having serious blogging withdrawals tonight and could not go to bed without a quick post)

To all my detracters, I have this to say:
  1. I won a prize. Yes, NaBloPoMo's random and scientific selection process selected me. Whatever you may think of blogs and my writing - I won a prize for sticking with it to the end. Six wine glass charms for my efforts. Beat that you blogging knockers
  2. Blogging is a worldwide phenomenon, sweeping the globe and catching millions up in its wake. People are even writing books about it. I found this in the latest Koorong catalogue:
The new FAITHGIRLZ! BLOG ON series encourages girls to use internet technology safely and responsibly. Meet four unique and talented teens - Gracie, Annie, Jazz, and Storm - as they channel their gifts and confront personal challenges through blogging.
OK, the book's for 8-12 year olds, but still, blogging is big and it is recognised as a valid medium for expression and interaction. It opens up the world, allows introductions to new people, and facilitates the sharing of information across boundaries and borders. I'm hooked, and if that makes me crazy - so be it.

(I do have far more meaningful things to write about - just no time to develop them into a meaningful blog. But I will. Excitingly, after buying some outdoor seating and a market umbrella, Frank and I ate al fresco tonight. It was a little chilly, but a pleasant change!)

3 Comments:

At 1:46 am, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your prize! Now when you have a good glass of wine be sure to wear one of those charms on your glass to remind you of the great job you're doing.

I know what you mean about being hooked. But how would I have ever stumbled across this site if you did not blog?

The blog inventors need to get a prize too, they are getting the world to write! We were beginning to fade off as writers but now anyone can be an author. Even our kids are writing because they love to, not because they have to. I think this is an improvement.

Maybe some habits aren't so bad afterall! I don't think you can get cancer from blogging, maybe divorced, but definately not cancer!

 
At 1:26 am, December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wine charms! I didn't win anything, but at least I will be able to incorporate the 'Loser' badge into my blog redesign!

 
At 8:54 pm, December 08, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Yay! I'm so proud that you won!!! :)
Now wasn't that worth all the angst...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home