<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, December 22, 2006

running on 'go slow'

Yay! Holidays are here! I made it to 4:30pm and finished work yesterday afternoon. Woohoo.
I don't ever remember wanting holidays this much. Only problem is, now that they're here, I don't quite know what to do with myself! I don't need to pack and move, don't even need to pack and travel. Too late to bother with Christmas decorations. And I'm on holidays, so I'm not going to rush in and do all the washing today - I've got two weeks.

What will I do with myself?

Last night was similar, and my mind followed a circular trail... 'there must be something I should do' made way for 'no, I'm on holidays. I don't have to do anything' and then 'I can't do, like, nothing - can I?'

In the end Frank decided for me. After tea and the usual menial chores we settled down to watch Monk getting fired. I always enjoy Monk, and it was a nice, relaxed way to start the holidays.

Today I'm on go-slow. I can't seem to do anything at speed! I had planned to be at the supermarket by now, but decided to post quickly before I left. (To let you know I'm alright of course) But then blogger informed me that now was the perfect time to upgrade to New Blogger. I mindlessly complied because I couldn't quite find my way back to old blogger, and since I seem to fall into the category of having many, many blogs and oodles and oodles of comments it took a long time.

All done now, and suddenly everything has come clear to me. Of course I know what to do with myself these holidays.

Blog!

So watch out for the ever exciting updates bound to be coming your way.

And that's only partly tongue-in-cheek. My four day silence has produced a plethora of posts in the seeding stage. Very soon they'll be birthed on blogger.

But I'm not a blogging addict and I'm not mad. OK!? I've had a few nasty allegations such as these thrown at me over the past week, and I want to put them to rest once and for all.

I am normal. I love blogging. The two are not mutually exclusive. Please try and accept this.

OK, the supermarket is calling. I'm still just sleepy and dazed enough to drift past all the crowds without being bothered by them in the slightest!

3 Comments:

At 3:19 pm, December 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Cecily! Happy Holiday to you. I have two more days, then I shall rest also.

 
At 3:32 pm, December 22, 2006, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Good to see you back! Was it only four days? :)

Enjoy your holidays!

 
At 7:25 am, December 23, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Have a WONDERFUL holiday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home