<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, February 17, 2007

back by popular demand (or 'too slack to study')



Due to an overwhelming number of requests, I have decided to come out of my mini-hiatus in order to continue regaling you with stories of life on a small island. Your positive feedback and support has been encouraging and inspiring to say the least.

Besides, with a little bit of organisation I'm sure I can work, cook, clean, wash, meditate, make cards, organise church music, sew, sleep, exercise, spend time with Frank, cultivate friendships, study and blog! Shouldn't be too hard surely!?!

I didn't do much study today anyway... it was hot (32C degrees) and sunny, I couldn't concentrate and the beach was beckoning us.

We made the spontaneous decision to take advantage of one of Tasmania's few hot days by heading to Green's Beach for the nicest swim I've had in ages.



Usually, no matter how warm it is at home, at Green's Beach it's cold and windy, but today it was beautiful and warm with a light breeze. Our only issue was with the tide - we had to walk half a kilometre to even dip our toes in the water!

The flat sand banks extend quite a way out to sea, so the waste-deep shallow water warms to provide a refreshing dip without the usual freeze of the southern waters. Being on Bass Strait rather than the ocean, there was hardly a wave and we just puddled around in the water enjoying ourselves. Fish and chips and ice cream from the harried owners of the corner shop (experiencing their busiest day of the year) topped off a lovely afternoon.

I promise to study tomorrow. Really. I will! (If I don't go to the beach again that is, since it's supposed to be another scorcher)

And for the record, I did do an hour or two of study this morning!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:40 pm, February 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Cecily! You are wise to handle many tasks at once. It makes us more valuable in the long run, keeps our minds sharp, and we sleep well because at the end of the day we are exhausted. What a life!

 
At 11:41 pm, February 17, 2007, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I was sure there would be lots of study breaks :)

As long as you budget your time, you won't have to give up everything to study!

Now ... I'm off to bundle myself up for a run in -7C (figured I'd convert that!) ...

 
At 8:30 am, February 18, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

32? I think we only reached 31 yesterday!
i'm glad you abandoned your books for the beach :)

 
At 11:28 pm, February 18, 2007, Blogger Sandy said...

I thought you were in the middle of summer in Australia, how could you have temperatures of 32 degrees F?

 
At 7:47 am, February 19, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

32 Celsius... hmmm that's (let me do some mental gymnastics here)... 89.6 Fahrenheit! (I love internet converters!) So it really is summer here after all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home