<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

juggling

OK. Now I'm starting to feel swamped.

Every day whizzes past more quickly than the day before, faster and faster and faster.

Every night I feel overwhelmed by all that I have not achieved.

Oh, I'm still doing the good housewife thing - cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, more cooking, washing. I'm still going to work and earning a dollar, trying to maintain motivation and put in my best effort.

It's just that I've hardly done any study, while modules and assignments and readings and reflections seem to be coming out my ears.

The little study I have done has been very challenging - counsellors must be self aware in order to help clients so I'm carefully analysing my attitudes and behaviours against the literature's definition of best practice... scary!

Three weeks ago I was sure I could counsel friends and patients adequately - this course would simply help me to develop and hone my skill. Now that I'm analysing and reflecting on myself, I'm wondering if I might not have so many counselling skills after all! Add to that all the warped motivations I've discovered in my heart, and I think I might need counselling myself. Again.

Maybe I'll stick to being a good housewife after all! It might be tiring, but it sure is easier! And with a cupboard stocked up like this...



and this...


...I think I do a better job of grocery shopping than counselling! (No points for guessing Frank and my favourite food!) Or should I hope I do a better job at counselling than I do at grocery shopping?!

I don't know the answer to that one, but I do know sleep will help me sort things out so I'm off for some shuteye!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:35 am, February 21, 2007, Blogger Sandy said...

I know Cecily, it's like your either so busy you have no time for relaxing or...you have no time for relaxing. This is what makes us better though. If you weren't busy with school and the balancing act, you would find something else to busy with and balancing. There are the things we want to do, then there are the things we need to do. What we need to do is not necessarily on the top of the list but we know we should put them there, so guilt sets in and wa-la! Pressure!

Keep up the good work; what you're doing is hard stuff. You mastered being a good wife, shopper, cook, etc. You'll look back at this and be glad you mastered this too.

 
At 7:52 am, February 21, 2007, Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

Hey there! Glad I was directed back here today! Very fun! Oh man and I'd kill for a pantry like yours. I'm quite the Nutella fan...

 
At 5:22 pm, February 21, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

thanks Sandy... :) I feel encouraged

 
At 7:49 am, February 22, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

You're going to be fantastic at counselling, especially because you're willing to have it yourself! You know that chocolate is brainfood too, don't you? You're going to do great with your studying as long as you keep up that supply (I think my gallbladder just went into spasm from me LOOKING at all that chocolate.) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home