<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, February 09, 2007

meme-ories

Spam annoys me silly, but for some reason memes don't raise the same degree of ire in me.

Spam demands a response when it plops into my inbox. Sift and delete, sift and delete... or, if they're particularly captivating, forward... it's all rather time consuming. Memes don't ring out with the same degree of urgency. They are posted and I can take them or leave them. Engage or ignore. Respond or let lie.

One year my cousin sent out a 'questionnaire' spam that ended with: 'Person least likely to respond'. She selected me, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy, and to this day I have done nothing with that email (oh - I might have deleted it). In fact I've done nothing with most of the spam that flits across my monitor, save deleting it.

So now would seem an appropriate time to break the habit of a cyberspace-lifetime and respond to a meme-ory invitation. There's no pressure and I feel almost drawn to engage - because I don't have to, but I choose to. Because I want to prove I can break the cycle. And because Robyn is my friend.

OK, here goes... meme-ories of my blog.

most serious post:
guatemala, waxing and the enormous gulf between
A post that reflected on how truly charmed my life is. Too often I slump into the depths of despair, eaten up by thoughts of all I do not have. This post provided me an opportunity to take stock of what I do have, and to give thanks.

most romantic post:
not enough containers (or 'someone's gotta do it')
I still haven't written that romantic blog revealing my Frank as the best husband in the whole wide world. Call me starry-eyed, but he's nigh on perfect. (This week, anyway!) This post will have to suffice - the lines might not ooze romance but the location was perfect for weaving a magical web of delight around us. (contented sigh)

'all about me' post:
meme-ories
This is a tricky one - I must admit to having something of a love affair with myself. Consequently every post is about me, one way or another. And a post devoted to my blog about me? Well that takes the cake!

If you really want to visit some of my more self absorbed renditions, you could try australian idol eat your heart out, or the enigma of age, or revealing meme, or even 32 today. Whichever you choose, you can't miss just how much I like talking about myself.

funniest post:
vegies for sale - and bugs as well
So he was funny and made me laugh. But I don't mind poking fun at myself either - let it all hang out for everyone to see! If you'd rather laugh at me than the funny man you could try sprung or smashing through utter exhaustion.

And if you have as warped a sense of humour as I do, watch this - no one ended up commenting when I posted it so I'm guessing they didn't find it funny, didn't get it and didn't know how to tell me... no matter... I still laugh every time I watch it. Hehehe.


Alternatively, if you have no interest in reading any of these posts - that's fine! In the spirit of memes you are free to engage and respond. You are free to ignore. You are free to flick to the next blog. No pressure at all!

Gotta love those memes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:59 am, February 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that video! Very funny indeed - thanks for the opportunity to watch it again :-).

Those posts you have selected are some of favourites too. I reckon they could be compiled into a book oneday... seriously!

 
At 3:12 pm, February 10, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

thankyou michelle :) - glad you enjoyed the history!

 
At 1:46 pm, February 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the video, thought it was great, laughed, and forgot to comment. Brain cells must have gotten distracted after. Maybe I wasn't sure of what they were saying!

 
At 4:32 pm, February 12, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

LOL, you know what I thought about that video!! :)
You're a good sport Cec.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home