<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, February 11, 2007

why I love macleans toothbrushes

I've been rather partial towards Macleans toothbrushes for years now. So partial that even though they don't fit in my toothbrush travel cover, I still use them.

I love their flexi-head... though I admit I did flex one so far once that it snapped right off. Not in my mouth, thankfully. The shape of the toothbrush and the feel of the bristles on these brushes somehow feels nicer than other toothbrushes as they skim across my teeth. (Now is not the time to extol the virtues of electric toothbrushes - I am serious about my manual number)

I'm not sure that many other people share my enthusiasm for this most excellent toothbrush - fewer and fewer shops seem to sell them, and I am reduced to sifting through multiple misplaced brushes in the hopes of finding just one dream brush. Either that, or everybody loves them and they sell out just as I decide I need a new one.

Well yesterday I found a new reason to love my Macleans toothbrush - it's the perfect shape for cleaning the plughole of any sink!

I've always used old toothbrushes to clean the bathroom, but this was no ordinary sink cleaning day. Yesterday I discovered that the design of this toothbrush allows it to split and fit between the grate holes of the sink. No superficial scrub that leaves gunk in the gaps - this toothbrush got right down inside the gaps and cleaned out all the slime. Incidentally, it also pulled out the whole grate and I was able to clean half the drain as well - not pleasant at the time, but much nicer for cleaning your teeth over!

I'm now sporting sparkling sinks with pride - all thanks to Macleans toothbrushes! Ahhh, I love cleaning bathrooms.

Disclaimer: I realise there are numerous serious, unhappy events being played out in multiple locations around the world. I apologise if this post appears trite in the face of such personal tragedies. I in no way intend to minimise the pain others are experiencing, I'm simply relaying a story from my world that made me smile.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:15 pm, February 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the cleaning utensils that make us happy! I too like the feeling of clean bathroom. Sometimes I find myself coming back to the shine just to look, to make sure I got everything and to admire the work well done. Lately I wish I had about a month to just clean, at my own pace, to enjoy the clean house after.

On the disclaimer: you should be proud that you are able to take us to a comfortable place where peace is kind and toothbrushes are tools!

 
At 6:33 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

:) thanks Sandy

 
At 11:25 am, February 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know that I've ever seen a MacLean's toothbrush, but I'm not a conneiseur (sp?) of toothbrushes...

This post totally made me smile. Not sure why, but it did. Thanks for sharing the love, Cecily.

 
At 4:33 pm, February 12, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Personally I don't like flexible head toothbrushes, I just don't feel like I have enough control...however I can see the point in using them to clean drains! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home