<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, May 21, 2007

admitting defeat

The zucchini plants are dead and so I must admit defeat. I cannot achieve 200 zucchinis from six plants in one season.

It might have been possible except for the sheep. We've had no frost, the heavens split open and rained down on the earth. All things being equal those zucchinis would be busting out of their skins as we speak.

But all things are not equal - those blasted sheep have eaten everything. Right down to the last stem. Everything except the giant zucchini I left to see how big it would get. (50cm and measuring)

So 191 it is. 191 zucchinis in one brief summer. Amazing!

Hang on a minute - there's still that great big giant of a marrow!

192 I do declare!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:45 am, May 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a pretty impressive yield! I love zucchini, but am too lazy (and often sidelined by chronic pain) to grow them.

I read up on your archives last night - fun! Now I feel like I "know" you even better.

I request a Love Story series of posts: how you and Frank met, wooed, and wed. Inquiring minds are curious!!

It's just peeking into spring here. Fun to have a friend in opposite seasons.

 
At 9:08 am, May 22, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Pat yourself on the back, girl! Impressive outcome.

 
At 1:31 pm, May 22, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

Now tell us how many different ways you've found to utilize zucchini.

I'm way impressed.

 
At 2:25 pm, May 22, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

When it comes to zucchini gardening you're a freak! That is just amazing :)

 
At 7:30 pm, May 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freak! Freak! Freak!

Sorry, got carried away there. Robyn's fault.

 
At 12:34 pm, May 24, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

There's a post way back when called '100 ways with 100 zucchinis'... except I never made it to 100 ways. Any other suggestions gratefully accepted as I still have about 20 zucchinis left!

And Leah... I'll work on the love story thing... We're coming up to our '5 years since the first date' anniversary in a month or so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home