<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, May 10, 2007

another blogworthy thursday

Another Thursday night, another get-me-to-a-computer-I-have-to-post moment!

No, it wasn't an agist conversation with the checkout boy. Nor a reflection on the inanity of 30 women prancing and dancing mindlessly around a swimming pool for 45 minutes.

Nothing so exciting. Nothing so nice.

My car was broken into. Yes. Even in tiny Tasmania, cut off from the rest of the world, these things do happen.

As I pranced, danced and swirled through the water a pesky kid (I imagine) shoved a screw driver into my door lock and forced their entry into my little Corolla.

As I kicked, puffed and jogged, he rifled through my glove box, scrummaged through my boot and picked over the empty chocolate wrappers on the back seat.

What did he get for all his efforts?

Nothin'! I don't leave anything in my car and I don't have a CD player. The cassette tapes are all worn out from over use and the green supermarket bags hold no treasures. My purse was with me... all that rummaging around turned up a big fat zero for the kid searching for a quick windfall in the dark.

So the bad news is I was broken into and my key won't fit in the lock.

The good news is I still have a car and it still drives. You can't ask for much more than that! (Except maybe a new car... but that's a whole 'nother post!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:45 am, May 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How invasive for someone to break into your car. We had ours broken into once, not a fun feeling.

I hope you feel kind of proud though, being robbed with nothing to take except a few chocolate wrappers. Sweet revenge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home