<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, October 28, 2007

nablopomo???

Three days out and I'm remembering the pain and torture of NaBloPoMo 2006... the stress of a daily blogging deadline, late nights puzzling over pithy punchlines, drawing total blanks on the creative writing front.

Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now. I think I might even be dreading the whole affair.

And this year the stress will be compounded by fighting Frank for the computer, as he has now discovered the wonders of email and word pressing. There's also the competition provided by writing Christmas cards - last year I wrote to no.one. zero.zip.zilch Christmas cards sent from here. Except to my family of course. This year I'm determined to link up with all my long lost friends and send at least a cheery card, maybe even a letter. (I wrote my first two tonight... early I know, but as I said, determined)

NoBloPoMo. Computer wars? Christmas correspondence?! It's too much! I surrender already. Someone else can win the prize. I concede defeat.

For tonight at least.

Tomorrow I'll be back in the game! I'm sure.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:44 am, October 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't give up three days before you start!!! NO!!

I know you'll be back. :)

 
At 2:39 pm, October 29, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

I've been so bad about Christmas letters for several years running, and without even attempting the month of daily blogging. I really hope to do better this year...should start now on something, like you.

 
At 4:13 am, October 31, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

I contemplated joining Nablopomo07 - for about 3 seconds. No way could I do that without it consuming me. I'm a freak.

I admire those of you who can do it - or even consider doing it.

Either way, Cecily, I'll still love you..... : )

 
At 6:58 am, October 31, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

Ok, ok, I'll do it! ;) Cherie, it does consume me... last year I spent hours on it. This year I hope to be less consumed, but it's quite fun using the NaBloPoMo randomiser... that's how I found most of the blogs I read (or through them finding me), and then finding other people there. I figure most NaBloPoMo blogs are updated more regularly, more likely to be better written than when I click on 'random blog' on blogspot!

 
At 7:49 am, October 31, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Do it, do it, do it!! Its only 30 days after all..... (from somebody who definitely is NOT doing it!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home