<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, November 29, 2007

hope for the future

I went to the doctor today and he was in fact alright - kind of weird that he kind of knew me, but alright. He restrained himself from inviting me to become an Amway dealer or Melaleuca saleswoman, however he could not resist telling me about a good environmental website. He also listened well enough (although when he suggested I should eat more regularly I felt he had missed the whole point of this dizziness being uncommonly strange) and ordered a raft of tests.

In case you're medically minded: (If you're not medically minded and find this kind of thing boring (Mum) skip to the next paragraph!)
  • ECG - normal
  • BSL - 3.9 as a result of late lunch due to GP running almost an hour late (thus the 'eat more often' comment)
  • BP - 144/92 (yes, that's high, but not life threateningly so)
  • Urinalysis - positive for ketones (due to muscle breakdown as a result of late lunch)
  • Ears - no comment so I'm assuming they were OK
  • Blood tests including lipids and thyroid - to be attended tomorrow morning before breakfast
True to form, I started feeling better this afternoon (about the time Robyn phoned and told me I should stop driving immediately if I'm dizzy!), although the dizziness has come back a little now, along with a headache.

When I went to aqua aerobics a few of the ladies were talking about a nasty flu that's going around and causing a lot of dizziness. Chances are this has all been a virus and I panicked for no reason. So I'm a nurse. And I've heard of younger and younger patients having strokes and dying of heart attacks lately. I wanted to cover all my bases.

Anyway, it appears I am not dying. Which is good because tomorrow I have two interviews for school chaplaincy positions. Both for primary schools, one in quite a poor area of the city.

I'm very excited and decided this was just cause for a new outfit - had to get the look right you know. Not too dressed up (need to look as if I'm relaxed and easy to relate to), not too casual (have to look reliable), not too trendy (don't want to look like a try hard), not too drab (yes, I can relate to children and their peer pressures). So I've gone for three quarter black pants, white singlet top and cute little cornflower blue short sleeved cardi. Noice. Now I just need to convince Frank the purchases were absolutely necessary!

I must away and prepare my answers for any possible questions!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:28 am, November 30, 2007, Blogger Loes said...

Good luck with your interviews tomorrow!!

 
At 7:30 am, November 30, 2007, Blogger Loes said...

Hm, in your part of the world it's morning already, so good luck with your interviews today!!

 
At 2:28 pm, November 30, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

I'm glad things appear better; I'm thinking positively for you regarding the interviews. (Glad you could justify new clothes - seems perfectly reasonable to me. :o))

 
At 2:31 pm, November 30, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

C~

Let's see a picture of your new outfit! New clothes always make me feel clearheaded.

hee

~T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home