<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

nablopononono

Four days to go and nablopomo seems to have caught up with me.

Not that I've run out of things to say. Still going strong there. But I'm not well and I suspect NaBloPoMo has contributed.

I had the whole dizzy head thing again, but dragged myself off to work anyway. When I arrived we were overflowing with staff (very rare) so I asked to be able to go home sick and my wish was granted! I ended up sleeping for four hours this morning, bumming around doing nothing all afternoon and I'm about to crash into bed early tonight too.

This dizzy head thing - what is it? High blood pressure again (I can feel my pulse in my chest and abdomen when I'm just lying down, so quite possible)? Or something less sinister? I found out today there is a form of migraine that manifests itself as dizziness/vertigo?

Whatever the cause, it is most disconcerting to continually feel that I am keeling over to the side. I promise I shall try and go to the GP this week. In the meantime, I need to stop cramming late night writing into the cracks of my life when I really should be sleeping. Thank goodness there are only four days to go. In fact three after this post! Yay.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:36 am, November 28, 2007, Blogger Sandy said...

I'm sorry to hear your going through it again Cecily. I was actually thinking about you yesterday wondering how it was going with your dizziness. Now I know.

If you lived closer I would bring you homemade chicken soup. But since I cannot do that easily, please know that your soup is still going to get made and I will be sending good wishes your way.

Get well!

 
At 1:06 pm, November 28, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

I hope you're feeling better today. I was dizzy all day Saturday. Couldn't jog on my treadmill - bummer. In my case, I think a bit of cold in the ears and a stiff neck may have combined...? Anyway, it is puzzling, and I wish you a more even keel soon.

 
At 5:11 pm, November 28, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Aw Cec,

That is very disconcerting. I am sorry you are feeling so bad.

When did you get your eyes checked? Did you get the Optomap retinal scan? You mentioned astigmatism, did you get glasses? Do you wear them all day at work? Are you sure they are correct (the right parameters) have them double checked. certain things re: uncorrected vision or an incorrect prescription can cause vertigo and ocular migraines. And don't worry! Those things are temporary and usually easily fixed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home