<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, November 17, 2007

weird meme

For those of you who know me, it probably comes as no surprise that I still haven't run out of things to say for Nablopomo! The ideas just keep on coming. But in the interests of a quick post I'm going to run with a meme Tracy nominated me for.

Here are the rules:
  • Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
  • Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
  1. If I wasn't motivated by love for Frank I would probably not cook tea very often, resorting instead to rice crackers and chocolate. In fact I'm addicted to both, and frequently snack on them as I'm cooking tea... going on to eat a full tea of course. Which could explain the muffin top I see developing before my eyes. The only way to break this habit is to refrain from keeping either in the house.
  2. I love the idea of being healthy, I even think I am healthy, and quite possibly other people consider I look healthy, but in reality I do little exercise and I snack on rubbish when no one is looking. (see point 1)
  3. I've heard that we should all cultivate flexibility and one way of doing so is to follow a different route to work. I pride myself on being flexible, but I refuse to walk to work a different way. I don't feel like being observed at the traffic lights first thing in the morning so I choose a route that avoids all traffic lights. Yesterday I discovered another possible reason for this - I walk to town on my days off by a different route. I contemplated following the same path I trek to work but couldn't do it... too many associations. And then it clicked - the work path is a symbol of drudge and duty. The other route is a signal to rejoice for I am on a day off. Silly mind games.
  4. I am capricious. Although I like to think I am not. But really I just pick and choose when I want to be principled. (Think eating vegan/vegetarian here. If I don't feel like it, I won't and hang the animals who suffer)
  5. I like cleaning the bathroom. I think that possibly tops the list of weirdness!
  6. I also like grocery shopping. This does not seem at all weird to me, but I realise some other people might find it so.
  7. I never have time to do everything I need to... but I always find time to blog.
I'm not going to tag anybody, mostly because I'm running out of time and linking etc etc seems just too fiddly, but also because I'd hate to eliminate you from the game... so if you want to do it, just run with it!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:52 am, November 18, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

Something I've wondered: do you who have tea every day eat supper also? How does it work in the land outside of our American "three square" meals? I could easily go for four a day, myself. :o)

 
At 7:55 am, November 20, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

In Australia (in some circles... because in other circles it's different):

Breakfast
Morning Tea
Lunch
Afternoon Tea
Tea
Supper

But I don't tend to do afternoon tea or supper... although I snack while cooking tea so that could be considered a belated arvo tea!

If someone says dinner most of us don't know if they mean lunch or tea, so we have to ask them!

Clear as mud really.

 
At 1:35 pm, November 20, 2007, Blogger ruddygood said...

*Laughing at the above explanation*
It's okay, Cecily, you're not too weird - I could totally relate to most things you listed, and especially 6. & 7! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home