<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, January 24, 2008

chrysalis

Everything is shifting.

My head, my life. Everything.

And it is good, because 2007 (possibly longer) was one long slide into a ditch of mediocrity, self indulgence and over commitment. There was no reflection. Personal growth was nonexistent.

But now I feel renewed, as if touched by God.

Thus the blogging silence! I cannot think what to write, for how does one reduce the transformation of a soul into mere words on a screen?

A moment this evening captured one element of this internal shift. Jo Tsonga defeated Rafael Nadal in the tennis. As the TV station wrapped up their coverage they offered a selection of slow-mo clips. They were incredible. Sprays of sweat hurtled into space; green fibres rubbed off a ball and dreamily drifted across the surface of the court; a tennis ball collided with the tape, causing the sun to slowly cascade down each thread of the net like water down a fountain - beautiful moments lost to us in the hurly burly of a competitive match. But even if we didn't see them, they were there, unfurling their beauty despite their insignificance in the grander scheme of a grand slam semi-final.

And that's how it is with me. I'm trying to slow down, and as I do so I'm seeing those things that usually pass unnoticed in the grander scheme of things. My outlook is radically altered and no part of my life remains untouched.

Everything is shifting, and I like it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:20 am, January 25, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Shifting is good, so is slowing down. That's what I'm going to try to do this year too. Well, I'm going to change a few things in my life. I'm bracing myself and hoping that I end up in a pleasant place full of thoughts like, what took me so long. I am diving in after thinking long and hard but have no plan on the other end. I hope I have no regrets.

Enjoy the ride Cecily, I hope your shift is wonderful.

 
At 7:11 am, January 25, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Sounds very good! Thank you for your card....I've been meaning to ring you all week, maybe I'll get there this weekend!
Good job Cec, I'm praying for you!

 
At 8:01 am, January 25, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

This inspires.

I like the idea of shifting - and I think it's happening to me, too.

Something sure is......

Thanks for the beautifully detailed descriptions of the slo-mo moments. Well done!

 
At 4:22 am, January 27, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

Eight years ago I shifted in a big way inside. I stepped back. Your slo-mo analogy says it beautifully. I will always treasure that time and the results in my thinking about God and life.

 
At 5:00 am, January 29, 2008, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Cecily,

You are a very talented writer. It's a pleasure to read your eloquent introspection.

~T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home