<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, February 23, 2008

nabbed by the bank

OK, so it wasn't the smartest thing I've done to assume the best of a bank, but I thought if I paid out a loan their computer system would be onto it and consider the loan automatically closed.

No such thing. Last week I received a letter advising me that the repayments on the loan I have with them (that I paid out in November) have increased by $10 a month. Hello, I've paid out that loan, didn't you know? So I phoned them and was informed (rather condescendingly) that I would need to visit my local branch to formally close the loan.

And pay off the $37.58 of accrued monthly fees and interest. Right.

I've been NABbed!

Rest assured the loan is well and truly closed now. And I won't be paying monthly fees and interest on the monthly fees for the remaining five year life of the loan. What a relief!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:13 am, February 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, banks are really not as smart as you'd think them to be. Really incredible sometimes. I've learned to assume the worst when dealing with them...

 
At 7:33 pm, February 26, 2008, Blogger Mike S said...

One of the hardest lessons to learn is how to choose a good bank that has your interests in mind as well as theirs. Hint: they're generally small, have great people, and make more $$$ for their size than their bigger counterparts:)

 
At 6:27 am, February 27, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Common sense would require too much effort, right?!

 
At 10:15 pm, March 03, 2008, Blogger ruddygood said...

They (those that NABbed you) did exactly the same thing to me a few years ago! I had a few choice words as I finalised all my remaining business with them, closed my everyday accounts etc. Their attitude to the whole business sucked, frankly.
Mike is right - go small. I've been with a local credit union, and they are generally great - fantastic personal customer service, much lower fees, and no sign of any hanky panky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home