<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, April 03, 2008

you can run, but you can't hide

Life is very, very busy this week. But mostly it's good, life-at-the-coal-face busy (as opposed to busy for the sake of busy)... my life is intersecting with others in what is hopefully a meaningful and helpful way. However good it might be, there still isn't much space for blogging. In the interim, here are a few things I have noticed:

It's so long since I've posted here Blogger forgot who I was and demanded I log in from scratch.

Even just one afternoon of rain will have green grass shooting up in an otherwise barren, drought stricken back yard.

I like teaching student nurses. It's a pity I don't like nursing much any more. I do however LOVE my new job as school chaplain in a poor area of town, and one day I promise I will write about it.

Italian farms don't like replying to emails written in English even if their website features an (oft times hilarious) English translation.

The world has gone a little texting crazy. At first, when the car service centre sent an SMS to remind us of our up coming service and followed it up with a 'how was our service? reply 1 ok or 2 not good and we will call you' message I thought it was great. Unfortunately today I received a text advising me my one year dental check up is due from June 1. Hello?! After a ten year dental break I think I can go more than a year without a check up. Leave me alone!

And that's all I have time for. I hope you are all well and I will get back in touch soon. Hopefully on the weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:18 am, April 04, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

I've been finding it difficult to get time to blog or even check blogs lately. Lucky I'm having a quiet year, huh?!!
So glad you're enjoying your chaplain job btw :)

 
At 9:00 am, April 04, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Even the dentist is bugging you. Wow. Bummer.

 
At 3:11 pm, April 04, 2008, Blogger Mike S said...

'Cousin Gianni' said to tell you he'd reply more often, but he's still awaiting his 'Oz/Taz - Italian' dictionary/phrase book's arrival from China:)

 
At 11:09 am, April 08, 2008, Blogger Pam said...

Dang, that would drive me crazy to get junk texts.

I'm glad you are happy in your busy-ness! And I look forward to reading about your school chaplain job when you are up to writing about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home