<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, August 18, 2008

eggscuse me please

So Frank and I went for a drive on Saturday and bought four chickens. Rhode Island Red, one year old, already laying.

And this is what we found on Sunday...



How exciting is THAT????
Pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

This is where we went to get them: Weymouth.




Well, not exactly Weymouth... we picked them up from a farm on the way to Weymouth!

And we found two more eggs today. Now if we can just figure out how to keep them happy and stop pecking each other's backsides, we'll be right.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:25 pm, August 18, 2008, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

That's awesome -- fresh eggs!
I hope they don't lay so many you can't keep up with them :)

 
At 12:08 am, August 19, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Ok that is totally cool! :)

 
At 7:17 am, August 19, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Yahoo! An egg! Your very own egg!

And more and more and more...good for you, and well, good for your hen.

If my experience proves true Down Under, your chickens will quit pecking at each other in a while. It's like a territorial or ranking thing.

I know the excitement, Cecily. I remember discovering my very first nest-lying egg!

 
At 12:55 pm, August 20, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

May you revel in omelettes and soufflés. Wish I were your neighbor, I'd take extra ones off your hands. :o)

 
At 2:52 am, August 21, 2008, Blogger Angela said...

chickens? farm girl.

 
At 8:27 pm, August 21, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

So how do you tell the difference between which ones should be hatched and which ones to eat?

btw, I love fresh eggs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home