<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, August 23, 2008

olympic trauma

Mostly I have rolled my eyes over all the fuss - there are some really serious things happening in the world at the moment and I do not consider the Olympic Games to be one of them. But I thought it was about time I watched at least a little of the Games, being only one day of competition left in which to enjoy the incredible feats one can achieve with a body of flesh and bone.

And there are two Australians in the 10 metre diving finals... show my support and all that.

But I just can't watch it. I am so worried they might clonk their head on the platform as they spin around I have to shut my eyes until I know they are OK and then watch the replay. Pathetic but true.

So what's the point of even pretending to watch? I'm off to bed!

Oh... hang on a minute... here's a bit of ribbon gymnastics. I might stay and watch that or... no, they've switched to the 5000m race... and now the javelin and...

I give up. Bed is so much more inviting than this piece meal broadcast!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:51 am, August 24, 2008, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I have lost A LOT of sleep due to the Olympics. I don't know what I'm going to do when they're over!

Oh yeah. Sleep. :)

 
At 2:48 am, August 25, 2008, Blogger Angela said...

i can't watch sports. i get so stressed out watching and i always feel awful for the losers.
i know.
i'm a dork. it can't be helped.

 
At 6:47 am, August 25, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Did you see that AWFUL footage of the guy (I think from the 80's) who clonked his head on the board *shudder* I can't handle it either!

 
At 12:06 pm, August 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cec
there are other ways to waste your time! Here is an intersting blog relating to oh so many 'things' in our lives.
http://wardbunny.blogspot.com/2008/08/warning-studies-may-harm-health.html
Denise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home