<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, September 05, 2008

ugly meltdown

Quite possibly I have had an ugly meltdown in a few areas of my life recently, and I might write about them later if I can figure out what on earth is going on. For now let's just focus on some trite silliness that provides a little light relief from the real, serious ugly mess: Ugly Betty.

Yes, I still like Ugly Betty, but the local television station has been mucking me around. First they waited until almost half way through the year to start showing it, then they halted transmission for the all important Olympic games (I mean... priorities?!) before screening it at the ridiculously late hour of 9:30pm. And now???? They failed to show it at all at the advertised time last night?!

I still find Ugly Betty absolutely hilarious with an almost convincing touch of pathos. It is my weekly TV viewing highlight. (One hopes I don't watch much TV in that case!) I do not like it when my anticipated pleasure is foiled, so I phoned the television station and left a message of complaint... and I hadn't even drunk any wine.

When my phone rang at 8am I wondered who it might be?
The trusty television station cheerfully returning my call!

It seems only teenagers want to watch Ugly Betty, as it was rating very poorly in the later time slot. So the station pulled it nationally in order to ensure it did not waste any precious episodes and it will be rescheduled at an earlier time when it is more likely to pull the tweeny crowds.

And myself.

Phew.

The girl from the TV station laughed with me when I couldn't contain a chuckle at my own ridiculous concern.

Remember, light relief in the midst of some difficult situations? Losing touch with reality and what really matters because things are not easy?! I had better process this other stuff quickly or I am going to make a fool of myself again and again.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:57 am, September 05, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

I am glad that you don't have to face a cruel world without Ugly Betty! :)
On a serious note though I'm wondering if I should be worried and if you're ok. Will try to ring you.

 
At 11:22 am, September 05, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

If only processing life could be smooth and bring us closure in 30-60 minutes like TV! (Actually, I'm often glad for even the rough spots and meltdowns - well, at least later on, when I've gained some wisdom from them.) I hope you receive loving support as you process, Cecily.

 
At 1:57 pm, September 05, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Ah, Cecily, you are human. So human. A melted down and rebuilt human.

Just like the rest of us.

 
At 9:17 pm, September 05, 2008, Blogger cecily said...

thanks for your concern and kindness guys! yes I am processing some hard stuff, but not life threatening. my marriage is still very much intact (that's the worst thing i can think of!) just same old same old church stuff, but it is rocking my world a bit.

My friend told me that TV stations keep a record of all complaints received... so I'm really glad I didn't use my surname. ;-) How embarrassment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home