<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, October 06, 2008

better than a soap opera

I've never been a huge follower of the plethora of soap operas on offer, unless of course you count my almost daily dose of Neighbours while living in London. I would suggest this had more to do with feeling homesick than being a true Neighbours-believer!

Suddenly I find myself rushing home for the next round of my favourite show on television - the news, with its daily updates on the great American Presidential race. I love it.

I cheer for Barack Obama, I laugh uproariously at the Sarah Palin parodies, I gag at the sight of John McCain, and I grin when any Democrat hopeful makes a good point in the ongoing debate. Of course as I am patently biased, I am yet to hear a good point from the Republicans.

All I can say is this: America, please, please, please don't subject the rest of the world to four years of McCain and Palin. I just couldn't stand it! (And as you know, it's all about me)

Of course I do have a few more cogent and logical thoughts than these, but who really cares - I'm in Australia for goodness sake! So I'll stick to the rush and thrill of this fascinating, unfolding drama.

Keep it coming baby!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:58 pm, October 07, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Wow, I hear more and more about how the rest of the world loves Obama. As for me, my vote is my secret for the time being. Why? Because I have a right to it, and I love that right.

Obama is one gentle soul though and I'm happy he's running. This is really a very interesting race. I just hope who ever gets in can handle the garbage he'll be handed to him.

 
At 8:13 pm, October 08, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Woohoo - so glad you like Obama too! Paul has been totally sucked into the presidential campaign, following it very closely ever since January. Only four weeks to go....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home