<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

rolling tide

I stumbled and fell over my humanness today.

Reading too much into something small, imagining a slight where (perhaps) one was never meant and feeling generally miserable about the way I was (hopefully) unwittingly treated. I suspect it's a case of hormones but regardless of the cause, a few tears of self pity were shed as I struggled with a sense of being undervalued and unappreciated.

I should like to be commuted to perfection please. But in the meantime I will settle for my husband who sprinkled a salve of love, kindness and rose petals onto my smarting psyche.


This also popped into my inbox today, a gentle, timely reminder:
Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can)
Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most)
Sit on your ego

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:51 am, October 23, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

When you figure out how to be commuted to perfection, do please post about it. I need that, too!

 
At 1:04 pm, October 25, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Oh, I do like that little saying. And as far as commuting, please do post it, as Cherie does, so do I need it!

 
At 5:01 pm, October 25, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Thank goodness for a good husband! Brownie points for Frank :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home