<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 17, 2008

movember gone horribly wrong

I don't know if this happens outside of Australia too, but here November is not only NaBloPoMo but also Movember. To be perfectly honest, Movember is far better known, but hey... I can't grow a moustache so I NaBloPoMo.

The idea is blokes grow a moustache (or 'mo' as we call them here) for the whole month to raise awareness and funds for men's health issues. It truly is a sight to behold. Apart from the fact the city is crawling with mos enough to make me cringe, this year I have seen the ugliest moustache ever beheld in my whole entire life. I don't care how much awareness or money this man is raising - he should get rid of the mo. It's hideous. (My lips are sealed as to who he might be!)

Anyway, I was just catching up on some local news. There's all sorts of corruption and jerry mandering and dishonest behaviour going on behind the scenes in Tasmanian Government. Most of us are appalled, but until the election in 2010 we don't have as much of a voice as we would like. Anyway, somehow the corruption has become so blatant we are now enduring a parliamentary enquiry into the behaviour of several politicians and top beaurocrats. It makes for entertaining viewing.

This, however, takes the cake. Rhys Edwards was called to give evidence today and it would appear he has fronted sporting an, um, interesting looking moustache. When I first read this article and looked at the picture I thought he looked like a typical rich, white, male beaurocrat. Then I looked again and realised that ain't no serious moustache! That's a 'Movember' moustache.

I laughed and laughed. Being called to give evidence before a parliamentary committee must be challenging enough. Doing so with a mo that's a bit of a joke is another altogether.

Kudos to you Rhys Edwards. I can't grow a moustache, but I'm pretty sure that if I could I would have shaved it off for the committee and cameras. Good on ya mate!

And remember blokes - get that prostate checked out OK? It could save you're life.

Movember - Sponsor Me

(Now, what was that about nothing to say today!?)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:29 am, November 18, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

The things I learn from your blog!

 
At 1:52 pm, November 18, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Oh that doesn't look so bad to me. But I sure would like to know who has the ugliest mo you've ever seen!

 
At 1:53 pm, November 18, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

By the way, is your new profile picture something special to you? My curiosity has heightened and I'm wondering what's behind it.

 
At 8:35 pm, November 18, 2008, Blogger Mike S said...

New photo??? I'm a tad curious as well. Love the photos from your travels.:)
p.s...the 'verification' letters spell 'faniness', is that in reference to us big-butted types?hehehe

 
At 8:38 pm, November 18, 2008, Blogger cecily said...

Oh sorry about the profile pic... won't keep it for long, but it makes me laugh. Check this out:

http://www.yearbookyourself.com/

It's me in a different era!

 
At 4:43 pm, November 19, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Movember has had me chuckling :) Most of the male teachers (and some female wannabes) at Bec's school have been doing it again this year...I love it! Great cause too. Luke is getting in on the action too I noticed ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home