<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

this is a little bit embarrassing

Embarrassing for a couple of reasons:
  1. My internet connection stuffed itself up this afternoon. No, really, it did stuff itself up. I came home from work and it was slow as slow as stopped. I confess I may have added to the problem when I started fixing it. And then I forgot how to reset my modem and I flapped around in a state of near panic, because how on earth was I going to NaBloPoMo?!
  2. In my state of panic I phoned my computer-nerd brother and got my gracious, kind sister-in-law. I shared my NaBloPoMo fears. She offered soothing, sympathetic noises and (she is so nice and understanding) offered to post for me if it came to that. I cornered my Dad on the phone, but he didn't know how my modem worked. And my brother turned out to be uncontactable.
  3. I realised I was skipping a step in the modem resetting process. As soon as I followed the instructions to the letter my connection was restored. I then phoned everyone back to assure them everything would be alright.
My sister-in-law said something very thoughtful though: 'It's a tradition now'. So it's not that I'm crazy or obsessed or anal about NaBloPoMo. Oh no. Not that at all! NaBloPoMo has become a meaningful blogging tradition. No, seriously!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:43 am, November 19, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Trsdition, yes I feel your emotion!

 
At 4:53 pm, November 19, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

You do have a sweet sister-in-law :)

 
At 7:09 pm, November 19, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

I know what you mean about the panic when the internet is down AND THERE NEEDS TO A POST!

Happened to me last week.

Crazy fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home