<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, November 01, 2008

toilet talk

I suppose toilet talk is an ignominious way to begin Nablopomo 2008. So let it be. I have something important to say.

No, not that the lentil loaf combined with abstinence from all things processed produced some truly incredibly results. Nor the effects of fresh beetroot, although I find them rather fascinating myself.

I have something serious to say about flushing. No, no, no... my life isn't going down the toilet, I haven't been royally flushed and the toilet is not dripping constantly or reminding me of anyone I know.

It's the toilet at work. Every time you push the button fresh water splashes onto the seat. Cleaning it requires toilet paper. Drop it into the loo and then it looks like it hasn't been flushed. Flush again, big splash and... so it goes on.

I'm sure there is something deep and meaningful to be gained from reflecting on this cycle, but the other day I noticed that if I push the button and hold it - no splashing. Press it quickly and run out as fast as you can - big splash.

Isn't life just like that? Rush through, do everything quickly and it makes a mess. Take time to reflect, ponder, plan or think things through and chances are any unintentional fallout might be reduced. Not always mind you (just like the toilet occasionally splashes despite my slow flush), but generally life is better with time given to careful thinking.

That's it. My deeply significant toilet talk. I'm now off to think about my next step very carefully, the next step being packing for a couple of nights away. (Hmmmm how to fulfil nablopomo...)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:17 pm, November 01, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

Oh, I know! I know! (Raising hand excitedly.) About the blog posts: there's a Blogger feature called Post Options. If you click on it, you can change the date and time to schedule ahead for when that post is published. So you don't have to be home when it happens (but you do have to write the posts ahead; don't know if you have time for that).

What insights can be gained from the loo! :o)

 
At 12:28 am, November 02, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

So, is an outhouse better than a splasher?

Hmmm......

 
At 2:48 am, November 02, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Flushing, life, mess? Yes it all seems so true. I can't say that I ever met anyone that compared toilet flushing to life in such a thoughtful way before.

 
At 3:20 pm, November 03, 2008, Blogger Joyce's Journey said...

This post is a riot! You most certainly wouldn't want the toilet to look like it wasn't flushed, should someone come in right after you. I can relate, but you really put it so eloquently!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home