<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, November 15, 2008

um, no words

I was going to tell you about my day, how because I finished all the cleaning yesterday I had a broad, open space for my Saturday. I filled the space by walking to the shops, buying flour and vegetables and meat and fabric, and making a dress and cooking up the most amazing lemon meringue pie in the world (humble I know, but try free range eggs for yellow lemon in the pie and you'll get what I mean). But I can't tell you about any of that (what more is there to say?), because I have just watched 'The Gods aren't angry' by Rob Bell and I am all crying and at sea.

I love Frank, I've written about it often.
I think I might love Rob Bell too.
Actually, that's not quite true... I think I fell a little bit more in love with Jesus tonight. And as I have been a cranky bitch from hell all day (in between the shopping, cooking and sewing) I could do with a bit more of Jesus and his love.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:52 am, November 16, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

It's got my curiosity aroused. I'll have to visit Rob. I need to clean my house too, so I can feel little better today.

 
At 1:27 pm, November 16, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

Aw, Cecily, I think you said it all very well. I'm curious, too, now about the movie.

 
At 7:06 am, November 17, 2008, Blogger cecily said...

Hi Sandy and Deanna... not really a movie, but a 1.5 hour talk. Very entertaining though. I have to say we love Rob Bell and the way he contextualises the bible, but other people don't. They think he is liberal and preaching heresy. Just so you were warned. We think Rob Bell is right on the money though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home