<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, December 04, 2008

trivial i know

I've had a lot on my mind lately, and it seems to have sent me a little loopy. Well not loopy really, just a little wilted. I ended up going home sick half way through Monday, slept all afternoon and night, phoned in sick for Tuesday and slept all morning. My headache has started receding today, although it is lurking around the edge of my eyes yet. Diagnosis Sister Cecily? A case of exhaustion I think. Too many late nights, perhaps too much blogging, certainly too much thinking and too little resting. So I'm off to bed as soon as I've posted here.

You'll be pleased to know I did have one thing lifted from my mind today. Last time I bought Paracetamol I opted for a bottle of tablets rather than blister packs. Somehow the fool proof, child safe, anti tamper lid (that caused my brother to stab himself with a pair of scissors in his attempt to break the seal) fell off in my bag the other day. All the dust lurking in the folds of the bag's fabric migrated into the bottle as all the tablets fell out. I cleaned everything up, collected the tablets and replaced the lid before dipping into the Paracetamol when my head went crazy. But there was only one left. That one tablet was really bothering me and I hunted around in my bag for the extra missing tablet. Nope, it was nowhere to be found so I gave up and chewed my way through a foil of nurofen in the hope of killing the headache.

Today I finally made it to the supermarket to restock on drugs. I know, I know... it's not really safe having such drugs so readily accessible, but it sure is convenient. As I reached for the bottle of paracetamol (which are cheaper than the packs) I saw it. '25 tablets' per bottle.

I know it's silly, and maybe it shows the level of functionality I have regained, but I am so relieved to know what happened to that missing tablet. There never was a missing tablet! There was an odd number of tablets in the bottle. Yay.

I shall rest easier tonight for sure. Especially after taking two of the tablets right now!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:39 am, December 05, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

And that is why I buy panadol in strips.....seriously though, one panadol drives me insane. It always used to bother me at work too! :)
I'm very sorry for all that is going on to cause you stress and headaches. Looking forward to seeing you SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home