<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

well that backfired a little!

It's coming up to two years since I went through the whole dentist saga and I've been thinking I should do the right thing and make another appointment for a check up. I don't subscribe to six monthly or even yearly check ups... they seem to just be a way for dentists to make lots of money. Besides, I proved with ten years of drastic avoidance measures, that no matter how many times you might dream it is happening, your teeth will not suddenly start falling out if you don't check in with the dentist all the time.

Two years seems a reasonable gap to me, so I finally plucked up the courage to phone for an appointment this morning. There aren't enough dentists in this part of the world, so I thought if I phone now, I'll get an appointment in July and can gradually prepare myself for the jaw-aching onslaught.

Ha. That one backfired! Two dentists are on leave so my dentist has picked up extra days to fill the space. He had a spare appointment next Wednesday... and I'm now booked into it.

Excellent service. Far too good.
Seriously, I would rather have waited two months!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:46 am, June 06, 2009, Blogger Cherie said...

I agree about the time frames for check-ups. Six months, I mean really! Maybe if one chews on nails or eats only sugar cubes.

Hope all goes well. You've reminded me that I need to get some appointments on the books for us. Keep forgetting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home