<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, November 01, 2009

bedazzled!

I caught a little bit of sun today - sunburnt, but not too badly.

A friend and I went to the Deloraine Craft Fair and it was wonderful. Of course I spent a bit more than I'd budgeted for... but hey, I also spent considerably less than I wanted to! There were so many amazing things on display. Glass, felt, jam, hats, bags, brooches, toys, soap, chocolate, ceramics, paper, bowls, clothes, rings, marinated figs, origami, buttons, boutique wines... you name it, they had it.

I couldn't help but notice the incredible range of creativity and ingenuity, the depth of talent. So much pleasure in observing stall upon stall filled with works of beauty and skill. It was like a cathedral, a gigantic church spread out over the whole of Deloraine, every piece calling out to me 'acknowledge the wondrous beauty of creation, spilling down from the sun, over the clouds, rolling down the green, green hills and through the hands of these craftspeople. Look at all this and see God, for God is here, exhibited in every plant, scarf, painting and necklace. Drink it in and be refreshed.'

And I was.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, November 02, 2009, Anonymous 2paw said...

I saw you favouriting things on Ravelry and LO and Behold, there's your blog!!!! I am in awe of your Pulp Mill protesting!! Fabulous clip too of 'David'!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home