<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 16, 2009

it's raining, it's pouring

I have a sneaking suspicion Tasmania might be the best place to live in Australia!

We are not in the middle of the most amazing, surely climate change driven heatwave ever.
We are not shrivelling up in drought.
Some areas will be effected by rising sea levels, but not where I live. (self absorbed as ever)
And it's mighty beautiful here.

That being said, those little showers they forecast today turned out to be gigantic downpours. Amazing. Almost tropical. Seriously, what is going on with the world?

Poor old Coles couldn't cope with the deluge - two aisles were closed while they sucked up puddles of water. I felt rather sorry for the girls observed carrying an enormous tub of water out to the footpath.

At least my vegie patch should be very happy. (I'm just hoping the baby spinach and lettuce weren't ripped to shreds!)

Off to bed I go. Do you realise this is now 16 days of non-stop blogging? Incredible. I've got so much to say, but I'm so tired and ready for bed in the evening, that it just goes unsaid. Oh well. I promise to get to it one day.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:54 pm, November 16, 2009, Anonymous 2paw said...

Wasn't the rain great??? There were piles of hail at the sides of the road on the Southern Outlet too.
Here, the only things benefiting were Gilly(totally wet dog) and the weeds I fear!!
Wee done on the sustained blogging.

 
At 2:31 pm, November 17, 2009, Blogger Cherie said...

YIPPEE! You got your rain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home