<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, January 07, 2010

power bill be gone!

About this time last year, Frank and I were doing the ground work for solar power. Well, mostly it was Frank doing the ground work, and I should also acknowledge the kindness of the honourable Mr Kevin Rudd for making it all possible.

Well, we're not so hot at understanding solar power, and it turns out the suppliers weren't so hot at explaining it, and the power company wasn't so hot at connecting us to the grid. (it's a long story) So the panels weren't installed until May, and believe it or not, we weren't running solar until October. (like I said, it's a long, long story)

Finally, finally we have our first power bill post solar panels.

$1.36

Yup, you read it right. One dollar and thirty six cents.

How awesome is that?! Yeah, so it was a huge outlay... but hey, this thing really is going to pay itself off over ten years! Or maybe that's twenty years? Whatever... it will eventually be worth it.

(And you, my friend, may be using solar power from our house - how cool is that?!)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:46 am, January 08, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

Oh that's fantastic, if I could afford to have solar panels I would. The less money you have, the more difficult it is to be 'green' I think. Well done!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home