<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

a big following. relatively.

As it stands right now, four people a day visit my blog. A few more read on facebook. A handful comment. Happy Chatter is not hitting the big time!

I used to care about this. I tagged assiduously, visited multitudinous blogs, left comments here, there and everywhere to elicit return hits and, oh... well... I posted regularly. That always helps. Somehow, despite all the effort, I never hit the big time. Six subscribers in Bloglines, twenty in feedburner, a technorati rating of diddly squat. Happy Chatter never really cut it in blog land.

Which is fine. My mum read it (sometimes), I developed a small international readership, we became cyber friends, we even sent each other real life items in the post. I realised there are more important things in life than blogging notoriety, and (let's face it) we can't all be famous with readerships equal to the population of Australia. I settled for writing for me, and when that kind of petered out I wrote facebook status updates. And that was it. Until now of course, when I am undergoing a blogging revival.

So what gives on my nursing reflection blog?! I haven't written for nearly two years, and in the least distant post I reported a desire to quit nursing. Hardly stimulating writing! And yet I surprised myself when I discovered I average 21 hits a day. OK, OK... still hardly making it in the big time. But not a zot added to the page for two years, and people still visit in (relative) droves?! I must have tagged and titled and written like a pro! Perhaps if I placed a few tastefully tailored ads on there I could even start turning around a bit of a profit?

For now I'm basking in the glow of blogging fame and refusing to think about consumption rebellion's 29, 2paw's 75 or fussy's 138 blogline subscribers. It's not about winning, it's not about winning, it's not about winning... but maybe I will start blogging about nursing again.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:09 pm, April 06, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

I don't care about blogging fame either. The thing I most treasure about my blog is that is records my daily life for the past 6-ish years. I've never been a regular diary keeper before, but there is nothing nice than browsing through my life, happy times and sad. It makes me love my blog.
Well done on such consistent blogging!!! How is your quilling??? How's the jumper going??

 
At 11:06 pm, April 07, 2010, Blogger cecily said...

You are right Cindy... blogging has great personal benefits. I am not a diary keeper either, but I love that I have a record.

Jumper... front finished, way smaller than back (but size good as tension is correct). Dilemma about pulling back apart.

Quilling. quilling? What is quilling? Oh yes... earrings. I should get cracking and get some online!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home