<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, April 16, 2010

i'm becoming too big an eccentric even for myself

I might go back to using shampoo after a most uncomfortable trip to the hairdresser in which I worried the whole time about her thinking my hair was terrible. She didn't comment on my hair, but she did say my scalp was very dry. Ya. I guess bicarb soda will do that. It also explains the itchiness.

So it's either time for shampoo or... I don't know... avocado? Egg? Both are supposed to condition beautifully. If I can just get over thinking it's a waste of food! Stubborn as ever, I'd like to get to a year without shampoo before I give in. Four months to go.

On the bright side, no nits or lice on me. That's a relief, especially after yesterday, when a child draped my scarf over her friend's head. Five minutes later I saw lice crawling on the very same head. I'm not sure if I can ever wear that scarf again, although a wash might do the trick.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:16 pm, April 16, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

Snap!!! Have you tried the kind-of-shampoo bars?? I have just posted about the one I use. It's made here too!!
Oh yes, when I was teaching I lived in fear of the head lice leaping onto me!! A good hot soapy wash and maybe some tea-tree oil?? They hate that.

 
At 9:27 pm, April 20, 2010, Blogger cecily said...

You're the second person who has suggested that shampoo bar. I'm being stubborn though... I annoy myself with my stubbornness sometimes but I've come this far, I can make it to August!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home