<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 15, 2010

phone manner

I think I need to work on my mobile phone manner.

Twice people called me today and said 'it sounds like you are very busy so I won't keep you'.

The first time I was sitting in the sun doing some work from home... so yes, I was working, but 'very busy' might be pushing it too far. The second call came just as I was paying for my groceries, so the timing wasn't great, but I was nearly done and could have chatted.

Truth be told, I don't like calls on my mobile. I don't know why. I tend to just say 'hello' because they already know it's me. No need to say 'Hello, Cecily speaking' or 'Australian Tree Care, Cecily speaking'. And mobile calls often come at the most inconvenient times...

Maybe that does come through in my voice. I think I answer with a tentative upwards expression, almost a question. Not annoyance, but it could almost be interpreted that way. Time to put a smile on and say hello cheerfully I think. I really do want to talk to you!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, November 15, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

I hate answering my mobile as well, and I think I answer in the same tentative way. Though mostly, if I don't see a name, I let it ring out. Is that bad???

 
At 5:40 pm, November 16, 2010, Blogger Cherie said...

I'm with you first word to last.

My sister always says to speak on the phone with a smile and your voice will be pleasant. I try to remember this advice. I get the, "You seem busy" reply often. Makes me realize I need to slow down in my mind and heart - and smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home