<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

yum, yum, yum

This cooking post is to balance out the cooking disaster of the other night.

I had an eggplant in the fridge and was on the hunt for a suitable use for it. I've made stuffed eggplant so many times, and I love it, but tonight was not the night. You have to feel like stuffed eggplant, you know? You also have to feel like cooking it, which was not a happening thing.

I also had a little bulgur in the cupboard. I love bulgur and I remember cooking a delicious dish with it a while ago. I've searched and searched but cannot find the recipe.

Time to find another one. I plugged in 'eggplant and bulgur recipe' on Google and this is what came up: Eggplant, bulgur and tomato casserole. Looked good and sounded delicious but I wanted to see if there was anything less fiddly around, so back to the search results until I came across this: Taste of Beirut style eggplant tomato bulgur casserole without the dish. Different site, basically the same recipe, groovy presentation - a sign surely? I just had to cook it!

This is the result:



If you think it looks good, believe me it tasted even better! I'm definitely going to be cooking this one again!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:43 am, November 17, 2010, Anonymous tasteofbeirut said...

Wow! You made your eggplant "makloubeh" look smashing! (makloubeh means flipped over in lebanese, it is the name of the dish, made with meat and rice usually)
Love it! Bravo!

 
At 11:58 am, December 19, 2010, Anonymous heguiberto said...

Hi Cecily,

It looks magnificent! We love this dish. Yours looks particularly beautiful in the photograph. I bet it tasted wonderfully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home