<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

blur (they don't call it the silly season for nothing)

Fancy that. Blogging because I want to, not because I have to. (Although I will admit it's debatable whether I really had to or not. No one forced me to join NaBloPoMo or stick to it!) Anyway, since getting back into the swing of writing, I keep thinking of things I just have to put out there. Fancy that indeed.

2010 was a year of paring back for me. I resigned from one of my jobs, worked less, volunteered a bit, kept a tidier house, crafted lots, exercised more and took time to smell the roses. I liked it a lot.

Towards the end of last year I picked up another job which technically involved one day a week, but community work being what it is, the seven and a half hours bled into nearly every spare day of the week. Suddenly life was busier, and 2011 continued the same. Not crazy, but busier than I like to be.

As the year has progressed I've slowly reined things in, to the point now that one day a week I choose not to do work for any job. It's been good, even if I only got it together in the last month or so. I've cleaned out some cupboards, mended clothes, walked through beautiful parks, tended the vegie patch and just enjoyed the space.

Enter Christmas. Oh the madness! Choir performance after choir performance (all done now! Tonight we had the fun of recording some of our favourite pieces), rehearsals for two other Christmas services (I'm singing in the Carols by Candlelight event. Fun!), three work Christmas parties, Christmas market, choir Christmas party, assessment for foster care suitability, Christmas gifts for work mates, Christmas shopping, Christmas lunch with the knitting group, Christmas lunches with clients.... Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. It's madness!

Madness and crazy and life is passing in a blur of dates and events, but I'm loving it too. The whole thing is stimulating. I'm organised, having fun, managing the busyness, enjoying doing things I love.

Not that I can maintain the pace... good thing Christmas is just a couple of weeks away. In the meantime, I'm off to get my beauty sleep so I can keep up with it all. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season as much as I am.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 pm, December 06, 2011, Blogger Sandy said...

Good post Cecily. It allows me to catch up with what you've been up to. I have one day off each week too, it's my catch up to myself day. It works well, and I look forward to it. I'm glad you're singing. You slipped in the word 'foster'. I'll have to check to see if you posted about it.

 
At 5:58 am, December 07, 2011, Blogger Cherie said...

I, too, am pleased to read your Christmas point of view. I feel tired reading about all your Christmas activities. I used to be like that. Older now. Been there, done that. But I do remember it was fun!

Yes, 'foster care'. Am, like Sandy, interested to see how that progresses.

Best of Holiday's to you, Cecily! Thanks for blogging your joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home